Renewable Energy Installers Insurance

Specialist Insurance Cover for Renewable Energy Installers
– Tailor-made Protection for Electrical Contractors.

Get a quote 01133960346
Icon images 570x375_Renewable Energy.png


Protect your business against the unexpected

As a renewable energy installer, we understand the risks you face. Unforeseen incidents and accidents can put your livelihood at risk – potentially leaving you out of pocket or unable to carry out your work.

You need to protect yourself and your business against these risks with renewable energy installers insurance.

We're committed to protecting you and your business should the unthinkable happen. Working with a leading specialist insurer, we have negotiated high quality insurance at a competitive price for you.

If you become an NICEIC and ELECSA registered electrical contractor, you'll benefit from a 10% discount on the cost of your insurance.

Over 12,000 contractors can't be wrong

Don't just take our word for it. Our exceptional Feefo reviews from contractors speak for themselves. That's why we have been awarded an excellent customer service award – some of the five-star reviews have told us they had saved money, others have improved benefits and still saved money.*1

Also, 60% of contractors buying through us have paid less than £354.*2

Put us to the test

Our FREE no-obligation insurance health check will compare the cover, service and price you're getting with what we can provide. We'll identify if you're missing out on valuable enhanced benefits – and potentially save you money. We also include electrical vehicle charging installation insurance as standard, at no extra cost!

If you prefer to do things yourself, you can quickly and conveniently get a quote and buy online.

Our renewable energy contractors insurance

By working with specialist insurer, Covéa, we've developed insurance with you in mind. It's comprehensive, flexible and affordable.

We Offer the Following *3

  • Public liability cover limits – £1 million, £2 million or £5 million available.

  • Employers liability cover up to £10 million.


  • Cover for loss or damage to tools and office equipment.

  • Goods in transit.


  • Cover for contract works.

  • Cover for your own plant and hired in plant.


  • Cover for temporary employees up to 50 days per year.

  • Free 24 hour business legal helpline.

The Power Behind Your Business

NICEIC Insurance is here to help you with all your business insurance needs. From electrical contractors insurance, personal accident and short-term income protection to van insurance and premises insurance – we've got you covered.

Unlike many direct insurers or comparison sites, we're here to provide expert advice. We'll explain the finer details of your renewable energy installers insurance cover, so you know exactly what you're protected for. This should give you peace of mind, leaving you to focus on looking after your customers.

Our support doesn't stop there. We're on-hand to guide you through the process of making changes to your cover – mid-term or at renewal, should your circumstances change. But, if you wish to do things yourself, our customer portal puts you in control. Download your documents, make adjustments and renew your policies online.

And, should the worst happen and you need to make a claim, we will help to make sure it's handled as quickly as possible.

Cover is available for renewable installers working on most domestic, commercial, and industrial premises in Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands. In addition, temporary work in the EU is also covered as standard.

Get a quote 01133960346

Related FAQs

See all FAQs

I'm a renewable energy installer, what type of insurance cover do I need?

Your precise insurance needs will depend on the kind of work you do and where – as well as whether you have employees, premises, and vans, for instance. As a renewable energy installer, you'll likely require some of the more common liability covers included in your insurance, such as public liability and professional indemnity insurance. You may also need employers liability cover if you employ one or more people (it's compulsory for most businesses that employ people). You may also want to look at additional covers like property insurance to protect your shop, office, workshop, or other business premises; van insurance; and tools insurance – as well as protection such as personal accident and income protection. For more information, read our quick guide to insurance.

I work in more than one trade. Can you cover this?

Yes, we offer cover for both primary and secondary trades. So, if you work mainly in one trade – for instance, as an electrician – select this as your primary, or main trade. Then, if you also work on occasion as a plumber, for example, you should choose this as your secondary trade.

Do I Need Public Liability Insurance?

Public safety and the positive reputation of contractors and tradespeople are an important part of NICEIC registration. If you are a registered contractor, you need a minimum of £2 million cover to meet registration obligations. This amount is included in our electrical contractors insurance cover with Covéa as standard. However, we recommend you check any contracts you undertake and seek specialist insurance advice if more cover is needed. There's no requirement to have public liability insurance in place from a legal perspective, but it's certainly an essential insurance to consider as a responsible contractor. Also, you could be left out of pocket if a claim is made against you and you don't have adequate cover.

Do I Need Personal Accident Insurance?

Whether you take out personal accident cover is purely down to personal choice. Contractors and tradespeople typically take it out because they may work in higher-risk environments like construction sites, where accidents are more likely to happen compared to lower risk trades or businesses.

Do you really need income protection insurance?

That depends on whether you could pay your regular monthly bills and expenses if you could not work and earn for an extended period. If you think being unable to work for months, for instance, would put you in financial difficulty, then you do need to consider income protection insurance. At NICEIC Insurance, we've made it easy to add income protection cover to your main contractors insurance policy at a competitive price.


*2 Click here to view our pricing disclaimer.

*3 Cover may differ dependent upon insurer. As with most insurance – terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. You can request full details by simply contacting us.


Latest News

How Much Insurance Cover do I Need?

17th August 2022

Effective insurance protection is just as important as the tools of the trade. You’ll probably need several different types of insurance cover to…

Why is Directors and Officers Insurance Necessary for Electrical Contractors?

1st August 2022

Is Directors and Officers (D&O) insurance for electrical contractors necessary protection or an avoidable cost?

Personal Accident and Sickness Insurance: What it is and Why You Need it

27th May 2022

It’s all too easy to overlook a crucial risk to your business. If you had an accident, or left unable to work by injury or illness, how would it…

Essential Contractors Insurance you Can't Afford to be Without

26th April 2022

It's important to ensure you and your business are protected against potential risks. There are essential covers you need to have as a contractor –…

Existing customers